Monday, April 16, 2012

Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo

Today I tried to make Fettuccine Alfredo without Heavy Cream because Heavy Cream is too creamy for me.So let me tell you the recipe for it.I know that when I lived in Michigan my mom brought my older sister Fettuccine Alfredo in the frozen section and that isn't good and luckly my mom nver buy it for her anymore.Those things are just aren't good and they have all the bad stuff in it then the good stuff.Remember if anything is frozen,or in a box that made for you,or in a can that stuff isn't good for you too.My mom learned her lesson now and I do too.I always ask my mom to get me that stuff and that what made me sick.Enjoy this recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo!! :) :)

You will need:
18 oz of Fresh Fettuccine Alfredo Noodles
3/4 cups of pasta water
2 sticks of butter,but I used a lot less than that
3 1/2 parmesan cheese,but I just pour in what I needed

This is the websites instructions you need to do.

  • Bring 6 quarts salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook until it is just al dente. (for fresh pasta this takes approximately 2 minutes. For dried pasta it will take approximately 8 minutes.)

  • Drain pasta, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.

  • Bring 3/4 cup pasta water and butter to a boil in a large skillet. Add pasta and sprinkle with cheese. Toss until a rich creamy sauce is formed, adding more water as necessary. (about 2 minutes)




  • There you have it homemade Fettuccine Alfredo.Here's 2 pictures of what mine looked like.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment